Sunday, May 18, 2008

This is my brain on blogging

Do ya'll ever do something that you like to do, but then other people start paying attention to it, and expect it, and then it feels like a chore? That has happened to me with various hobbies before, and I have to confess that it really has happened with this blog. I've got a ton to write about - there are all kinds of awesome local things going on, and yet - I'm too busy actually doing stuff to write about stuff. Then I get all frazzled and guilt ridden and bogged down by the idea that I should be writing about this stuff, that I put it off even more and it becomes this ridiculous cycle. So lets just put all my mental silliness out there: I am making a pact between you, anyone who reads this, and my brain, that I will write when I feel like it. That might be every other month, or every day. Cool? Okay, settled. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

NO worries, miss jessica.

Jessica said...

Thanks - it's really just my brain I'm talking to. Sometimes it helps to talk to myself out loud.

Anonymous said...

Like any other organic thing, when it is right it will happen. Same with my LiveJournal, I'm not a blogging freak but when I'm ready to I put some thoughts down. Not to worry.

Anonymous said...

Amen to that, sista! I too have been "neglecting" my beer blog, but ya know..I've got a real life to attempt to keep up with too. LOL

Jessica said...

Corey - What? You can't blog daily while working full time, taking care of two kids, beinga good husband, creating art, growing your own food and making beer? Slacker. :)