Monday, December 17, 2007

Spotlight on Local Producer: Whispering Dove


Last week at Poplar Grove, I chatted with Linda Klose of Whispering Dove Goat Ranch and Apiary, and thought I'd share this resource with you. I hadn't really had the chance to talk with them before, since my Wednesday market day is always kind of rushed. I've only begun eating meat again and I've got a good stash of honey, so I've always kind of passed them up in my hurry to get my shopping done. Linda and I found ourselves together at the Wayne Batten's cooking table though, and we talked over Collard Stuffed Turnips and Ruttebaga Potato Salad. Here are some of the things she shared with me about Whispering Dove.

They are located within 50 miles of Wilmington - so in good range for any strict 100 milers out there. They are open year round at the ranch and welcome visitors by appointment.

Whispering Dove sells pastured, hormone and antibiotic free goat and rabbit meat along with raw honey products and natural goat's milk soap and skin care products. You can check out their listings on Local Harvest and the NC Agriculture website.

If you want to visit the farm, here is their contact info:
Linda and Dale Klose
Whispering Dove Goat Ranch & Apiary
689 Harris Creek Road
Jacksonville, NC 28540
(910)455-7123

2 comments:

Unknown said...

teeth whiteners

I think it is so wonderful you spotlight local producers! The food from these small farms are of much better quality then what you find on store shelves.

Jessica said...

Ain't that the truth.