Thursday, February 7, 2008

Lazy Mayo

Okay, here's how I made mayonnaise recently. I checked online to find an easy recipe, and found this site. If you have the patience of a saint, and/or a bunch of time on your hands, by all means, make that mayo. It looks beautiful and gourmet, and probably tastes amazing. I was looking for a way easier option though, so I just took the ingredients he listed, altered the portions to my needs and whipped it up in the blender. Here's how it went down:

Ingredients:

Egg yolks of 2 large eggs (You can freeze the whites for later or use them to make Apple Peanut Butter cookies.)
1/2 cup of olive oil (I plan to use Canola Oil next time - the olive flavor really comes through)
1 Tbs. white wine vinegar
1/2 tsp. salt

Pour the oil, then the egg yolks and the other ingredients into a blender (I used a small 1.5 cup sized attachment) and blend until it looks like mayonnaise. Taste it and see how you like it. Add a little salt or a smidge more vinegar if you like.

Voila. Mayonnaise.

0 comments: