Saturday, November 10, 2007

Saturday shopping

We got down to the Farmers' Market late again today and as a consequence, didn't get any eggs. Plus, Bill sold my by-request Ricotta to a smooth talking lady named Cathy. Thanks alot Cathy - no lasagna for me this week. Well, at least until Wednesday.

We did however, pick up our Thanksgiving turkey. If you live in Wilmington and didn't get a chance to pre-order your turkey from Grassy Ridge about 4 months ago, then I'm sorry for you, because it's too late. I'll try to remember to remind you next year. But I did see that you can pick up a full Thanksgiving meal from WalMart for $37.77. Just kidding - please don't do that.

Our turkey weighs in at about 10 lbs. and cost only $27.00, which I think is a bargain, considering the amount of time and effort that Marie Wallace and her family put forth to raise each bird. This is the first year that we will know exactly where our turkey came from, and it helps me to be truly thankful for the sacrifice of labor and life that will make our dinner complete.

0 comments: