Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Lazy Wednesday

I took the day off of work today, which invariably always leads to sleeping in. Waaay in. So in, in fact, that it was 11:00 before I rolled out of bed and decided to get my sorry behind to the Farmers' Market so we can actually eat for the rest of the week.

Luckily we didn't have a long list, but three of our essentials: eggs, Ezekiel bread and Parmesan were sold out by the time we got there. There's a saying about an early bird, but I won't mention it here. So we headed over to Great Harvest to get our Ezekiel and ended up buying some Semolina wheat as well to make our pasta tonight. We've run out of our stashed pasta supply, except for some macaroni, which doesn't go so well with pesto, so we're on to making our own.

We had to borrow two more local eggs from our neighbor, but finally ended up with some delicious homemade fettucine with pesto made with our basil, stashed pine nuts (may they never end!), garlic from Black River and the aforementioned cheating-Tidal Creek-purchased Parmesan. I think I made my Italian husband proud. Hope you enjoy the recipe as well.

0 comments: