Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Local generosity

On Saturday I got a phone call from lovely older woman who had seen our photo in the paper. She and her sister had been trying to figure out what to do with some canning jars they had dragged up out of the basement, saw the article, and looked me up in the phone book. Sal and I happily went over to take the jars off her hands. We spent some time chatting with her - her family built her home in the 1930s, back when Market Street was a two lane road that you could park on - imagine that. Her mother lived to be 100 and had used many of the jars that she gave us. We came away with 7 boxes of beautiful jars of all different shapes and sizes - plenty for canning and some to use for storing pretty things. Love this small town.

1 comments:

Stew said...

I love love love mason jars. I use them as drinking glasses these days.