Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Me pasas los tortillas

Sal's mission today was to find a local source for tortillas, and he pulled through like a champ. He picked up a pound of corn tortillas (about 18-20) for $1.25 from the little Tortilleria in the shopping center by Elizabeth's Pizza on Market. I'm going to call tomorrow and see where they get their corn, but I'm just happy at this point that they make their own.

We made some great spicy chicken burritos tonight using those tortillas and some of the leftover chicken from our roasted chicken on Sunday. I'm going to post the recipe tomorrow once I've perfected it a little. We took some shortcuts with it tonight since we were in a hurry to get to the Cape Fear Green Builders Association meeting, so I can't in good faith put it out to the world until I've tasted it as it was meant to be. I will however, post this recipe for French Bread for my mother-in-law. It was the first bread we made in our $7.00 yard sale purchased breadmaker, and it was perfect - slightly crisp on the outside and chewy inside. Enjoy!

0 comments: