Sunday, August 5, 2007

Homeward bound

I'm heading home for the first time in about three years. Home is a somewhat fluid term for me, since most of my family, myself included, leans slightly to the nomadic side. Home for me, though, is where I spent the first 18 years of my life - in a tiny town in north-central PA.

I've got several reasons for being northbound, and just as many for having stayed away so long. It wasn't until recently that I really began to appreciate the beauty and bounty of where I was raised. Growing up, I couldn't wait to escape - I had much bigger plans for my life, which in my teenage mind, could not possibly be achieved in the little podunk town to which I was confined.

In some ways I was right - and also incredibly wrong. In becoming a city girl, I've also realized what a country girl I am, and how much my little town had to offer in terms of community and agriculture. As I seek to simplify more and more aspects of my life, I find myself nostalgic for the little town I call home.

So, Elimsport, here I come. I'm looking forward to catching up.

0 comments: