Friday, August 17, 2007

Lucky me

Let me just say for the record that my husband is fabulous. It's been a long summer for me, going to work while he gets to sleep in, but he has totally stepped up to take care of lots of the household stupid chore stuff, including cooking. (Okay, cooking isn't a stupid chore, but it does take time.)

Last night I came home from my Spanish class to the delicious smell of simmering Aloo Gobi. Bless that man. There's nothing better than coming home from a long day to something yummy being cooked for you by someone else. If you haven't been fortunate enough to try Aloo Gobi at your local Indian restaurant, I hate to inform you that you have totally missed out. It's a simple but delicious combination of cauliflower, potatoes and tomatoes cooked in spices. Sal made a modified version of the recipe in The Everything Vegetarian Cookbook, and it was faaantastic. We just ate ours plain, but it's equally delicious served over rice.

I'm also including the recipe for the Dill Zucchini-Potato patties I made tonight, adapted from a Black River Organic Farms recipe. We used the fresh dill we brought back from Pittsburgh, and they were amazing - if I may say so myself.

0 comments: